Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, for example – to receive our electronic newsletters, to submit content, etc.
- Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs.
We Gather User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic Newsletter – We offer optional electronic newsletters to users. We gather the email address and other information of users who voluntarily subscribe. Such information is used to send customized electronic newsletter to the subscribers. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
- Content Submission – We offer an optional content submission (press releases, jobs, business listing, product listings, etc) facility to users. Any information such gathered may be automatically published on our website and made available to our website visitors, search engines, other websites, our newsletter subscribers and by any other means not mentioned here.
- Free Account – We offer an optional free account to users interested in advanced features. Any information such gathered is used to customize the user’s experience.
- “Email to Friend” Feature – Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by using an online form. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used to let the recipient know who sent the email. The user’s IP address is also sent to the recipient for security purposes (Most of the online as well as offline email programs have the same behavior).
- “Contact Author” Feature – Our site users can choose to electronically contact the content author by using an online form. The user must provide their email address. This information is used to let the recipient know who sent the email. The user’s IP address is also sent to the recipient for security purposes (Most of the online as well as offline email programs have the same behavior).
- Polling – We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. We may use a system so that users can vote only once on a particular question. Opinions or any other information to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user.
- Surveys – We may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience and to improve our services.
- Preferences – Users may voluntarily provide personal preferences like time zone, etc. Any information such gathered is used to customize user experience.
We never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
We track user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We do break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, refering page, MIME type, etc by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
We sometimes track and catalog the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use/Sharing of Information
We use any information given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
We create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We may share limited aggregate reports with our site users so that they can know how their content is performing.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to our site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page and/or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We will comply with legal process served on us requiring the disclosure of user information and we may, at our discretion, disclose any user information requested by third parties as part of an investigation into the breach of our terms of service.
We don’t share any voluntary or non-voluntary information gathered by us by means other than explained above.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our users/customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.