The use of this web site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
The International Society for Small and Medium Enterprises (hereafter referred to as the ISSME or the Organization) maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The ISSME grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific provisions that may apply to specific Material within this Site.
The ISSME administers this Site. All Material on this Site from the ISSME appears subject to the present Terms and Conditions.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various ISSME staff members, consultants, members and affiliates to the ISSME who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the Organization.
- Materials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The ISSME specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. The ISSME periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall the ISSME be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the ISSME be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the ISSME has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the ISSME is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The ISSME does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither the ISSME nor any of its respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the ISSME from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- This Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the ISSME. Therefore, the ISSME is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained within a linked site. The ISSME provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by the ISSME.
- This Site may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, feedback, contact pages, discussion fora, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- The User acknowledges that all Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by the ISSME, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by the ISSME. The ISSME reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Links to the ISSME website
In line with established Internet usage, any external web site may provide a hyperlink to the ISSME web site or to any of its pages without requesting permission. However this use must not infringe ISSME’s intellectual property rights, in particular relating to its name, emblem, copyright or authors’ rights. The ISSME emblem may not be used in providing a link.
A link to the ISSME web site must be used for information only, and not for the promotion of any organisation, product or service. A link to the ISSME web site does not, and should not, imply any association between ISSME and the owner of the linking site. Hyperlinks to the ISSME web site should direct to the ISSME homepage page or to complete pages that can be reached via navigation from the ISSME home page. Links should not be made to an individual constituent of a page, for example text, picture or graphic. Our preference is that links should not be made direct to files that are available for download, for example pdf files, but to the web page from where you are able to download the files.
The designations employed and the presentation of material on this website do not imply the expression of any opinion on the part of the Secretariat of the ISSME concerning the legal status of any country, territory, area, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term “country” as used in this Material also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas.
The depiction and use of boundaries, geographic names and related data shown on the map and included in lists, tables, documents, and databases on this web site are not warranted to be error free nor do they necessarily imply official endorsement or acceptance by the ISSME or its member organizations. ISSME is not accountable for the data and can not guarantee that they are correct, accurate or comprehensive. Member organizations are not accountable for any data presented on this page.
Preservation of Immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the ISSME, which are specifically reserved.
- The ISSME reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The ISSME shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- The ISSME reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by the ISSME of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- Official documents published on this site are unofficial copies, provided for informational purposes only.
Country and Area Nomenclature
- The designations employed and the presentation of Material in this Site do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the ISSME concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term “country” as used in this Material also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas.
- The depiction and use of boundaries, geographic names and related data shown on maps and included in lists, tables, documents, and databases on this web site are not warranted to be error free nor do they necessarily imply official endorsement or acceptance by the ISSME.
- The designations “developed”, “developing” regions and economies “in transition” are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgement about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
All other site disclaimers apply.