To be recognized as one of the most representative and effective leading global organisation engaged in the promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
ISSME’s mission is to help create an enabling environment either directly or indirectly for sustainable development of SMEs worldwide.
The main objective of ISSME is to foster, promote and coordinate international cooperation and put in place a framework for sustained growth of SMEs at national, regional and international levels.
Other objectives are as follows:
- Creating an integrated international platform to bolster SMEs.
- Lobbying for pro-SME policies and programmes and enactments as priority sector of the economy.
- Creating an informed understanding about SME sector, challenges of SMEs and opportunities lurking for them.
- Facilitating SMEs to establish new and strengthen existing relationship with their counterparts overseas and generating business opportunities.
- Enhancing the skills of SME owners/managers and their employees as well as capacity development of the SME support institutions to render meaningful services.
- Facilitating SMEs for adoption of modern and environment friendly technologies.
- Sensitizing SMEs for ethical and green business practice.
- Bridging the information gap and digital divide among SMEs.
- Empowering SMEs to become part of the global value chain.
- Helping in policy formulation by finding the status of the SME sector as well as market trends through research studies and surveys.
- Encouraging innovations among SMEs for their sustainable development.