ISSME believes that information has the power to bring about the real change and shaping the mindset. In line with this philosophy, ISSME Publications are dedicated to the dissemination of information on issues that are of immense interest to small business development across the globe. This is done through news magazines, bulletins, journals, reports, books and directories whose quality and reliability is ensured by Editorial Boards comprising scholars, subject matter experts and heads of global organizations. ISSME also brings out selected speeches of Office-Bearers and Affiliates of ISSME which capture the trends, challenges and opportunities in the SME sector.
ISSME Publications set the standard for innovative, interdisciplinary, and international learning. We recognize that high quality learning requires dedication and commitment. We work closely with authors and editors to produce the most outstanding work in the fields in which it publishes. Over the years, the ISSME publication section has also acquired a large number of books brought out by the Ministries and Departments of the National Governments, UN Agencies, Autonomous bodies and other International or Regional Organisations of repute.
The Primary Functions of the Publications Section are:-
- Stocking, Sale and Distribution of Publications and Periodicals brought out by ISSME;
- Publishing of Memorandums, Statements and Speeches of ISSME;
- Cataloguing of ISSME publications and indexing all SME related publications across the globe;
- Publications / Periodicals, issue of Symbol, Pricing and Sales of Promotional Activities;
- Securing advertisements for insertion in ISSME Publications and Periodicals;
- Stocking and distribution of Research Publications;
- Managing a network of private agencies, Sale & Return Agents; and
- Exchange of publications with Libraries across the world.
ISSME brings out one monthly Newsmagazine, one fortnightly Bulletin and one quarterly Journal on issues of global importance pertaining to SMEs, the World SME Report and two global directories for the SME sector.
- SME Voice is ISSME’s monthly newsmagazine featuring news, articles, events, case studies, success stories, trends, policy briefs and much more for SME Leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Global SME Watch is the fortnightly bulletin that captures the latest happenings in the SME sector around the world and provides expert commentary and debate on all relevant issues. It highlights and analyses events, trends, best practices and opportunities. It also reports on policies and new laws which have the potential to impact the world of small businesses.
- Journals – International Journal for Small and Medium Enterprises – This is purely a research journal dedicated to the formulation, development, implementation and evaluation of policies & programs. The contents of this journal are precisely research-based articles and papers that are peer reviewed and checked for all international standards before selection for publishing them in the journal. Research articles and case studies seek to explore best practice, investigate and suggest strategies for growth. Other three Journals are: International Journal on Women Entrepreneurship; International Journal on Innovation and Technology Transfer; and International Journal on Rural Industrialisation.
- World SME Report is a global report that contains overview and status of SMEs briefly outlining their contributions, challenges and development strategies that are in practice in world’s countries. As this is a very comprehensive report, our team is vigorously working on this important Report which will be brought out soon.
- World SME Directory contains important information related to local, national, regional and international SME support agencies in different countries.
- Global Directory of SME Experts contains information related to local, national, regional and international SME experts with their business contacts and information about companies or service providers.
Apart from the above publications, there are other important regular publications which are given below:
- ISSME Alerts – published in English, this is the largest & widely circulated alert on SMEs. It carries information about upcoming training programmes, conference & events, featured campaigns, job vacancies, trade enquiries, latest publications and news from across the globe.
- ISSME Memorandums – Small businesses throughout the world are affected by legislations by National Governments or Regional Bodies. To be able to respond to the vast number of legislative proposals, it is essential to possess a tool, enabling ISSME to voice the concerns of its members, affiliates and partners and represent their interests promptly. ISSME memorandums are brief documents, outlining the core of a legislative proposal, its relevance to small business, as well as its potential pitfalls, and ISSME’s recommendations to decision-makers. These Memorandums form the basis for further dialogue and in-depth discussion with policy makers on how to best shape a policy and ensure incorporation of the needs of small businesses to the highest possible degree.
- Subject Notes – These are reader-friendly documents providing an in-depth analysis of the most important policy measures with regard to SMEs. These notes serve as constantly updated ISSME working documents providing an overview of the development of a regional policy enabling both ISSME and its members, affiliates and partners to easily assess where and when action is needed.