ISSME has instituted the SME Awards as recognition to the outstanding achievements / contribution of global businesses, entrepreneurs and eminent personalities/institutions to the development and promotion of micro and Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The awards are highly coveted and are regarded as the premier international recognition in the small business sector.
These awards are presented at the ISSME’s Annual World SME Conferences. Each Award has a specific theme and consists of a Trophy and a Citation along with a Certificate.
The jury comprises six members and one chairperson. It evaluates the nominations received from across the world and selects the Awardees in consultation with the President and Secretary General of ISSME.
A Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to institutions and individuals for their outstanding contribution in promoting small businesses for a minimum period of 15 years.
Persons/institutions of eminence can be nominated by an individual/ organisation/government for all the categories of SME Awards. The nominee should have a minimum of 10 years of sustained and dedicated service to SMEs at local, national, regional or global level. Self-nomination for the award will not be considered.
- Lifetime Achievement Award– is presented to institutions and individuals for their outstanding contribution in promoting small businesses for a minimum period of 10 – 15 years.
- Entrepreneurship Excellence Award– is given to SMEs with at least 5 years of track record of excellence in entrepreneurship.
- Best Supporting Organisation Award– is given to an organisation which has provided the best support for growth and development through policies and programmes over a period of 1-5 years.
- Business Woman of the Year Award– recognise the best business woman in the sector during the year.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award– recognise the best youth entrepreneur in the sector during the year.
- Best Project of the Year Award– recognise the best in the sector in this sphere during the year.
- Creativity and Innovation Award– In keeping with the belief that innovation and creativity is the key to the survival and future growth of the SME sector worldwide, ISSME has instituted the Creativity and Innovation Award to reward outstanding contributions by institutions/organisations over a period of 1-5 years.
- Green Entrepreneurship Award – recognises effective and efficient use of green energy and green technology in the SME sector. This includes processes which reduce use of substances and/or material which can harm the environment and measures which result in conservation of resources.
- Small Business Governance Award – is given to an organization or institutions for encouraging adoption and implementation of corporate governance system in SMEs over a period of 1-5 years.
- Judges Choice Award– is selected from among the exhibitors at the conference.
For further information write to:
Events & Programmes Section
International Society for Small and Medium Enterprises
Fax: +91-11-29993845 | E-mail: email@example.com
Helpline: +91-8587000190 (24×7 on: WhatsApp | WeChat | Line | Zalo | Viber)