While ISSME operates on international level, our prime focus is local and regional development through Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). To effectively coordinate and implement our activities, ISSME opens its regional chapter/ office. The Goal, Vision, and Mission for establishing Regional Coordination Offices are:
- Management of the activities of the region, Promotion of the interest of ISSME in the members’ countries and other countries of the region; Enrolment of new members of ISSME from among those countries of the region.
- Assisting in the execution of approved work programmes including organisation of seminars, workshops and conferences in the countries of the region.
- Identifying the problem areas and submitting recommendations to the ISSME Secretariat for implementation of projects/conducting studies in the countries of the region.
- Representing ISSME at national and international meetings, seminars, conferences and workshops in the home country or the neighbouring countries as may be directed by the ISSME Secretariat.
- Functioning as a data bank for information required by the ISSME Secretariat and disseminating information regarding ISSME’s activities.
- Capacity building of SMEs & their support institutions through need-based training programmes.
The following additional responsibilities have been entrusted to the Regional Offices:
- Networking with centers of excellence engaged in research and development.
- Initiating post-training evaluation and providing a feedback to the ISSME Secretariat at regular intervals.
- Updating about latest happenings towards SME development in the countries of the region.
- Identifying the problems relevant to the small and medium enterprises and suggesting appropriate technical activities to address them.
- Organizing Human Resource Development activities.
- Undertaking study visits including exposure visits.
- Undertaking action research.
- Supervising and monitoring development pilot projects.
The Regional Offices have regular Coordination Committee meetings under the supervision of the ISSME Secretariat. They also send proposals to the ISSME Secretariat for inclusion in the annual programmes.
Learn about the benefits of joining a Regional Coordination Office and how to locate one in your area. You can find one close to your location across 19 regions. There are 54 countries in African country which we have divided into five regions such as East, West, Central, North and South African regions. There are 40 countries in North, Central and Latin American region that has been sub-divided into five regions such as Canada, Central America, South America, North America and Caribbean regions. Europe has 44 countries which is divided into two regions of Eastern and Western Europe. Asia has 40 countries and we have formed five regions East, South, Central, South-East and Western Asia. Similarly, Pacific and Middle East region have 22 countries and two regions such as Pacific and Middle East. So, the total regions sum up to 19. The regional offices offer an opportunity to share a broad range of professional expertise from diverse business communities. Any SME association or resourceful SME expert interested in opening ISSME regional office in their respective regions are welcome.
Regional Coordination Office: Out of the 19 regions in any country or group of countries from a particular region where there are at least 35 members of ISSME, the members may request for the granting of Regional Coordination Office status. Such requests shall be reviewed by the Governing Board of ISSME and such Regional Coordination Office status shall be granted upon the approval of a majority of the Board Members. Every member in good standing of a Regional Coordination Office shall be considered a member in good standing of ISSME with full privileges and benefits. Every member of a Regional Coordination Office shall be dues paying members of the ISSME.
Country Office: Any national or regional industry organization may request to form a Country Office if ten or more voting members of ISSME reside within a country. The request shall contain the name of the Country Head for the office and at least 07 Affiliates (05 Provincial Representatives and 01 Senior Advisor and 01 Advisor) . Such requests shall be reviewed by the Governing Board of ISSME and such Country Office Status shall be granted upon the approval of a majority of the Board Members.
1. Submit an Official Letter of Interest
2. Create By-Laws or Constitution
3. Enroll members and submit report
4. Presentation to the Governing Board of ISSME
5. Remit membership dues and other documents
As an ISSME member, affiliate or partner, you belong to a community that shares mutual goals. Get involved with your local chapter and connect with your peer group to share knowledge. Regular meetings and events mean that you discover new opportunities in your field.
To conduct a search is very simple – just follow the link on left – ISSME Regional Network.
For more information to associate with ISSME, please write to us at:
Public Relations Section
International Society for Small and Medium Enterprises
Fax: +91-11-29993845 | Email: email@example.com
Helpline: +91-8587000190 (24×7 on: WhatsApp | WeChat | Line | Zalo | Viber)