If you have an interest in Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sector, an internship at ISSME could open up a whole new world of possibilities. ISSME offers highly motivated and successful individuals with ample opportunity to improve their skills and gain practical experience in the global SME development while working with it. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. This provides ample opportunity for graduate students to gain practical experience in the global SME development.
ISSME seeks candidates in the fields of economics, finance, green business, trade & investment, information communication technology, small business management, corporate social responsibility as well as other related topics of SMEs for internship. The internship programme lasts for at least two months and can be as long as six months.
- Good research, writing and communication skills.
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. programme.
- Be in the final year of studies for a university degree.
- Have excellent command of English and/or Hindi.
- Be reliable and organized while also maintaining the enthusiasm and energy needed to complete projects in a timely manner.
Currently, ISSME provides only virtual internship. Hence, applications for internships are welcome at any time of the year from any part of the world. Please note that ISSME does not pay remuneration of any type to the interns, but it gives Certificate to them recognizing their successful completion of the internship. However, we suggest the interns to make use of our fundraising ways (Fundraising Kit) that help generate money to cover expenses related to travel, visa fee, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses. Else, you could get your institution sponsoring your internship to pay for these expenses.
- Cost: ISSME interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Copyright: The copyright of any report/paper as a result of the work carried out by an intern during the internship period will rest with ISSME while the candidate will be given due recognition for his work in the report.
If you are interested, you can download the ISSME Internship Kit (.pdf format) or Internship Application Form (PDF file or MS Word file) and email us the filled-in form along with your latest colour digital picture (.jpg; .png; .bmp; .jpeg) at: email@example.com
You can also contact by post at:
Human Resource Section
International Society for Small and Medium Enterprises
Fax: +91-11-29993845 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline: +91-8587000190 (24×7 on: WhatsApp | WeChat | Line | Zalo | Viber)